Monday, May 31, 2004

The end of waiting!

I've found it hard to know what to write in this post!

Many of you will know that over the years I have struggled with things "arriving" - often I'm scared that things will disappoint me, be different to what I expect etc etc but the invitation to me is to embrace the moment and to fully live whatever this moment brings - whether that be joy, sadness or whatever.

I doubt the disciples and the others in Jerusalem were disappointed on the day of Pentecost. Blown away - most definately. Shocked, probably. Scared, maybe. I'm sure that at times in my life this day would have been one that I would have shrunk back from - I wouldn't have known how to deal with it.

So how are we responding to what God is doing and bringing into our lives? Are we embracing it or are we shrinking away from it?

Along with that I wanted to ask the questions that Lynne Taylor (http://www.emergentkiwi.org.nz/lynne/ - using that browser where I don't know how to use links again - sorry!) asked on her blog - that Steve, her husband asked at their gathering yesterday.

Could this be the Spirit of life?
Where is the Spirit of Jesus?

My encouragement to myself and you is to ask those questions as we live our life this week. Be interesting to see what we experience and where we God at work that we might not have seen before - and how we get to join him in what we see him doing! Let me know how it goes for you :)


No comments: