Saturday, May 22, 2004

Waiting, waiting, waiting

It's been a busy time for the disciples until the more recent events of Jesus' death, resurrection and ascension. Their encounter with Jesus and these events have turned their worlds on their heads. And now before Jesus ascends he says to them "Wait in Jerusalem until your receive power from on high". I wonder what they feel and think ... some thoughts I've been wondering about "Why do we need to wait? There's so much to do.", "Why can't he just give us that power now?", or maybe "phew we get some space to process all that's been going on and happening". Which of those do you relate to the most?

For me, I think they are all true - being and not doing can be a hard thing for me, although something that God's teaching me more and more about, so I would probably have been restless to do things rather than wait. I was really aware too as wrote those questions just how much it comes down to letting Jesus be in control and trusting his timing and purposes.

How is God calling you to wait at the moment? How are you responding

No comments: