Saturday, May 07, 2005

My week

It's been one of my biggest rollercoaster weeks for years. There have been huge highs and low lows. Deeply in it all, I know God's goodness and sufficiency.
Two things that speak of some things in my week are:
- I had coffee with a friend and in the midst of talking about many things this person (who has known me for more than half my life) asked me what my name meant ("just something I've been meaning to ask you for ages"). I had no clue but came home and looked it up on the net: Barbara - stranger, foreigner, exotic, mysterious. I and the person I was talking to were both fairly blown away by that - as have other people who I have spoken to since about it.
- These words on a post by Anj speak volumes for me: "It is true that sin has caused your pain and sadness….but now all is well, and all will be well, and all manner of things will be well.”

No comments: