Friday, July 22, 2005

Taking the Role

One of the things we discussed last weekend at the Directors Weekend for SU Missions and Camps was the importance of taking the role that you are in. We find that many directors really struggle with the fact that often they are leading people who are there friends and often the same age or sometimes older than them. We were encouraging them to think through lots of things related to that but one of them was how important it is to assume and live in the role that you have. Good stuff - and I think helpful for some directors.
So ... I've come back and several times this week been put in situations where I've been challenged in exactly that myself - sometimes doing very well, sometimes very badly. It most definately has been one of the challenges of my week - be the leader you are made to be.

No comments: