Thursday, June 02, 2005

Broken

I've been meaning to send this poem to a friend for a few days ... but then decided that others might also enjoy it ... so I thought I'd post it here :)

Broken

Broken
by the wheel of the car
driving me to the next
appointment

Broken
by the tearing tensions
of demanding opposing
compartments of my life

Broken
by the fall
from the pedestal
on which I chose to stand

Broken
by disappointment
of those who thought me
strong and sure

Broken
by the impermeable silence
unseen waves of mute resistance
from life denying loss

Broken
by words of bitterness
and hatred
spewed from a dark
and unimagined
place within

Broken
by angry taunts
of those who would not hear
my fear full words

Broken
the glass-like
clarity of vision
into a thousand jagged
frosty fragments
splintering the ground

Broken
steadfastly
as bread is broken
broken to be shared
among us

Broken
to be healed

by Jean Clark
in “Be Our Freedom Lord”.

No comments: