Friday, December 10, 2004

Waiting ...

Been doing quite a bit more thinking about waiting - we really don't talk about this theme as much as would be helpful. In church tradition there are so many periods where it rates highly - lent, pentecost and advent to mention a few (a fair chunk of the year really!).
I'm thinking about waiting for a number of reasons.
Firstly, it is advent after all!
Secondly, I'm speaking about waiting and some of my journeys of waiting this Sunday at our Sunday gathering at Solace.
Thirdly, I'm working with many mission teams who are "waiting" to go on mission.

As I think about all of those reasons for thinking about waiting ... two themes are very key for me this morning:
Waiting is active - not passive.
We wait in community.

And talking of waiting - hopefully you who read my blog won't be waiting as long for entries - I'm going to try and get back into a blogging rhythm - sorry I've been a bit scatty.

No comments: